Is suffering necessary in love?

�Is suffering necessary in love?� I asked her
�Yes, it is. If there is suffering then its best to accept it because it won�t go away if you pretend it�s not there. If there is joy then its best to accept that too even though you are afraid it might end one day. Some people can only relate to life through sacrifice and renunciation. Some people can only feel part of humanity when they think they are happy. But why all these questions?� she was puzzled
�Because I�m in love with you and I�m afraid of suffering.� I confessed finally.
�Don�t be afraid, the only way to avoid that suffering is would be refuse to love.� She said in a philosophical tone
�Do you know what I would like to know? I�d like to know if you love me as much as I love you. But I don�t have the courage to ask coz I know the answer would ruin my life.� I said
�You want to know if the heart of a woman can contain enough love for more than one person.� She understood the gravity of the moment
�Since that�s a less direct question yes I�d like an answer.� I said
�I think it�s perfectly possible as long as one of those people doesn�t turn into�� she said as I intervened
�An obsession. And that�s what happening with you. You are not ready to accept the truth, you know what is happening around you but you are not accepting it. I know you had a healthy relationship with him but it�s been too long since it�s over, he has moved on in his life but you are stucked at the very same place where you were few years back. He has become an obsession for you.�
She looked at me but didn�t say a word; I needed an answer today so I didn�t stop either.
�Well I�m going to fight for you anyway because I think you are worth it. Any woman capable of loving a man as much as you loved or love deserves all my respect and all my efforts. And to show that I want to keep you by my side, to show how important you are in my life.�
�I don�t know what to say, all I know is at this moment I�m not ready for any relationship. I�m sorry.� She said picked her bag and left
I sat there for another two hours; staring at my poor fate I realized how much I loved her.
�I am not giving up, I am not giving up and that�s final� I kept saying to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute love stories for him

In a hope to see you soon...

Most Heart Touching Love Story Ever